Social media will be a big part of the sports world in the year 2023. Of course, the NHL is big into it as a lot of people have their hockey conversations over the internet. We call Twitter X now but that doesn’t change the platform’s importance on the hockey culture that we have built.
All 32 teams have official accounts and that is the primary way for fans to get their news on what is going on. A lot of people use this form of media to get what they need out of being a hockey fan.
The 2023-24 season will be no different. Once again, the NHL has assigned every team a hashtag to which their logo will appear next to when used. These are the official team hashtags. If you click on the said hashtags, other posts relating to that particular team will pop up.
The National Hockey League needs social media to boost the NHL brand.
- New Jersey Devils – #NJDevils
- New York Rangers – #NYR
- New York Islanders – #Isles
- Columbus Blue Jackets – #CBJ
- Philadelphia Flyers – #LetsGoFlyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins – #LetsGoPens
- Washington Capitals – #ALLCAPS
- Carolina Hurricanes – #CauseChaos
- Boston Bruins – #NHLBruins
- Buffalo Sabres – #LetsGoBuffalo
- Montreal Canadiens – #GoHabsGo
- Tampa Bay Lightning – #GoBolts
- Florida Panthers – #TimeToHunt
- Detroit Red Wings – #LGRW
- Ottawa Senators – #GoSensGo
- Toronto Maple Leafs – #LeafsForever
- Chicago Blackhawks – #Blackhawks
- Dallas Stars – #TexasHockey
- Nashville Predators – #Preds
- St. Louis Blues – #STLBlues
- Colorado Avalanche – #GoAvsGo
- Minnesota Wild – #mnwild
- Arizona Coyotes – #Yotes
- Winnipeg Jets – #GoJetsGo
- Edmonton Oilers – #LetsGoOilers
- Calgary Flames – #Flames
- Vancouver Canucks – #Canucks
- Seattle Kraken – #SeaKraken
- Vegas Golden Knights – #VegasBorn
- San Jose Sharks – #SJSharks
- Los Angeles Kings – #GoKingsGo
- Anaheim Ducks – #FlyTogether
This is a big deal in the hockey world as we all want the game to grow. When you tweet about your team, consider using the hashtag to improve engagement. It is also fun to see the NHL logos scattered all through the platform. It is a fun way to interact for sure.